Testosterone therapy effects
Testosterone Deficiency seems to be one of the most common consequences of aging and it gives its outcomes. Usually, to increase Testosterone in your blood and normalize your endocrine profile, your endocrinologist or physician can prescribe you to try such a kind of hormonal treatment as Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
Some pleasant Testosterone Replacement Therapy Effects
Testosterone affects the body in the most remarkable way, but not immediately. Despite the improvement in well-being, bordering on elation, which appears soon after the start of therapy, many physiological processes are triggered only after some time.
- Sexual advantages. They begin to fully manifest themselves in the third week of therapy, after which the plateau effect occurs from 19-21 weeks.
- Depression. If you have depression, it will start to recede around 6 weeks, but full recovery takes longer. Anxiety, sociability, and stimulation of the cerebral cortex (which controls attention and even creativity). Improvement occurs from week 3, and the plateau effect manifests itself after three months of therapy.
- Insulin sensitivity. Increases in a few days, providing tangible results (loss of excess fat) in 3-12 months, and often lasts for years.
- The growth of the muscles. It does not depend so much on the optimal level of testosterone, but on genetics, diet, lifestyle and training. However, generally, testosterone therapy gives its positive effect on the muscles after a month. Such an intense trend will last for a year, after which its pace will slow down, and will continue for several more years.
- High quality of life. There is one of the intangible benefits called life satisfaction. Often it consists of a combination of all the positive features of the optimal level of testosterone, both physiological and psychological. It cannot be measured, nor can it be overestimated. Just try to find a doctor who understands this.
We advise you not to start Testosterone Replacement Therapy yourself. You should have a consultation whether of your endocrinologist or physician.